I’m very happy you’ve made it this far. Can you see the new you starting to come through in the mirror? The best is yet to come. Week 6 brings us another fitness myth to brush aside and dispel. Many people truly believe weight training is only for the bodybuilding style of bulking up. The truth is there isn’t a better tool to help you tone up and slim down than weight training.
Follow these tips and weight training will speed up your weight loss and maximize your chances of quickly looking great. And you have exactly NO chance of bulking up and getting massive. Believe me I can promise that’s much harder to do than it looks! Are you ready to pump some iron and get Slim?
* Lift Weights and Burn Calories 24 / 7. When you do even light weight training three to five days a week, your body responds by amping up your metabolism twenty four hours a day, seven days a week! When you combine that with HIIT and a smart diet you’ve forged the perfect fat burning environment. A new Slim you is right around the corner.
* Get More Confidence as You Get Stronger. There’s something really magical about the confidence that comes along with getting stronger. Nothing positively adjusts a person’s self image like seeing themselves become more powerful from weight training. This carries over to all areas of life and will be nothing but a huge boost in your efforts to slim down!
* Lifting Weights Slows Aging. Studies have shown resistance training dramatically slows down the aging process. That goes a long way as you strive to build a new slim, better looking and better feeling you doesn’t it? This positive effect covers not only things like your skin but even helps keep your bones young, strong and healthy!
A Great Beginner’s Weight Training Schedule
There are lots of ideas about weight training. Most of them work to some degree or another, but when slimming down is your focus I would suggest keeping it simple at first. Later on when you feel more comfortable, feel free to expand your program and explore more advanced training concepts!
Here’s a sample weight training schedule to get you started in Week 6. Feel free to make substitutions depending on what type of equipment you have access to.
- Monday: Bench Presses, Dumbbell Flyes, Bicep Curls. (All 4 sets of 12 Reps)
- Tuesday: Off
- Wednesday: Leg Presses, Leg Extensions, Hamstring Curls, Dumbbell Shoulder Presses. (All 4 sets of 12 Reps)
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: Lat Pull downs, Shrugs, Tricep Extensions. (All 4 sets of 12 Reps)
- Saturday and Sunday: Off
Protein and Resistance Training. Be sure once you begin resistance training to keep a eye on your protein intake. Getting in enough protein becomes more important than ever, to make the most of your time in the gym. Find it difficult to eat .5 a gram per pound you weigh? Drink a whey protein shake or two to make up the difference!
Learn to love resistance training and your body will respond in amazing ways. Slimming down and getting stronger is the perfect combination! How does that sound to you?
Diva Coach Cass