|You stuck around for Week 1…Congrats!
One of the secrets of success with this 7 Week Slim Down is paying close attention to how well you pace yourself. Trying to do too much too soon can wreck your program before it has barely even begun. A much better method is to take your 1st week and ease into better nutrition (healthier eating) and exercise. Follow these tips and not only will staying motivated be easy, you’ll build positive momentum that can very much help you achieve your weight loss goals!
1. Determine Your Fitness Level. To know where you are going it makes good sense to understand your starting point. How in (or out) of shape are you? Consider these questions: How many push ups can you do? What is your pulse before and after a 1 mile walk? How many crunches can you do? And last, how flexible are you?
Your level of strength and endurance will give you an idea of how much you can do your first week without overdoing it. Get a professional online or in-person assessment of your fitness level for 50% OFF (NOW $17.50). Connect with me to schedule.
2. Start Moving More. On 3 alternating days your first week get moving with a brisk walk. This can be in your neighborhood, at a park or on the treadmill. How long you walk should be based on how your body reacted to your 1 mile test. If on the test your pulse went through the ceiling, start with fifteen or twenty minutes of walking the first week. If your heart rate barely moved aim for 30-45 minutes. Remember the goal for Week 1 is to get you back into the habit of exercise NOT to leave you exhausted!
3. Do Some Light Calisthenics. Calisthenics are exercises that rely only on your body weight to tone your muscles. We’ll dig deeper into them later but for now, I want you to do a few light and easy sets, 1-3 days during the week, on the days you aren’t walking. Want an example of what you can do, follow this: 3 sets of push ups (on your knees is OK if you can’t do a full push up) til you can’t do anymore PLUS 3 sets of as many sit-ups or crunches you can do; this is plenty for Week 1. Remember don’t over do it!
4. Eliminate Sugar Filled Calorie Containing Drinks. A small nutrition adjustment to get you on the right track you’ll likely hardly even notice is to cut out drinking empty calories. Drop soda and stop adding sugar to your coffee. Replace these instead with water, green tea and coffee without the extras. Use stevia as a natural calorie free sweetener and I promise you won’t miss sugar for more than a day or two. Another trick to flavoring your coffee and helping you recover after workouts is adding Glutamine to it. Order your unflavored Glutamine for $34. BUY NOW.
5. Cut Out Obvious Diet Busters. Week 1 isn’t about making drastic nutrition changes but it is time to remove blatant diet busters. Get rid of the fast food, fried junk, cake, candy and chips. Later on we’ll dig into winning nutrition concepts and methods. For now use your own common sense to clean up your worst diet offenders!
Week 1 of our 7 Week Slim Down isn’t so tough is it? It’s all about easing into being active and eating right. Starting slow builds a strong foundation for your future weight loss success. Don’t worry harder work is right around the corner!
Are you excited? You should be because a new slim and fit you awaits!
Did you know I have a custom designed program that will monitor you closely to ensure you have a successful week 1 and every other week. If you want information now, click here to contact me.
In good health,
Diva Coach Cass